Friday 23 January 2015

Discoveries

I've been feeling increasingly hopeless in the studios since my assessment. Nothing I have produced so far has been a new idea, I've just picked up from where I left off in college.
So whilst I was well and truly scrapping at the bottom of the barrel I "made" this: 


During the hours it took to careful wrap this spade in masking tape I solved a lot of problems. There were points when the process was frustrating and seemingly impossible, but I persevered regardless and the finished product was unbelievably satisfying.



 Unbelievable because I have always considered myself a painter and to get so much joy from making a sculpture was a surprise. But I think this is a good thing and I intend to explore objects& masking tape more.

No comments:

Post a Comment